In the past ten years, newly built apartments in the USA have decreased in size by 5%.
As more people are living in smaller homes, don’t let a cramped kitchen stop you from enjoying your coffee how you want it and where you want it.
Even though coffee makers are getting fancier these days, with more and more capabilities and settings, sometimes all you really need is a compact coffee maker that makes a simple, great-tasting cup of coffee.
Thankfully you don’t have to give up taste in order to get a compact machine.
There’s a wide variety of space-saving coffee makers on the market, so rather than feeling limited by your options, you’ll probably be wondering which one to choose.
Some additional features to look for in a space saving coffee maker include:
- Pod compatibility that saves you from making a mess when loading the machine
- The removable water filter that makes for super easy filling and cleaning
- One button brewing to simplify your morning routine
- Automatic shut-off so you can rest assured that your machine is safely off when you’re away
- Variety of sizes so you don’t have to settle for less (or more) coffee than you’d like.
- Some machines even come with enough capacity to satisfy the entire family.
- Stronger brew on the days you’re craving a bolder, more intense flavor
- Built-in grinder so you can enjoy the freshest taste, every day
Let’s face it.
You’re not someone who is enticed by all the bells and whistles that coffee makers come with these days.
In fact, you’re turned off by how big and bulky the machines have become.
A compact coffee maker is the perfect fit for anyone with simple, but practical, tastes.
It will appeal to college students looking for a dorm-sized coffee machine and corporate workers who are tired of coffee from the break room and everyone in between.
“Compact” coffee makers even come in a variety of sizes and the smallest of the bunch can fit in the palm of your hand.
This means that your favorite coffee can go wherever you go–on hikes, business trips, and camping excursions.
Not only are compact coffee makers perfect for a secondary machine to keep in your office, RV, or yacht, they might also be a necessity if you have a small kitchen.
Sleek and reasonably priced, you might be wondering why you haven’t purchased a compact coffee maker yet.
Many buyers say that their compact machines rival their larger and more complex machines in both taste and quality.
It might be time to jump on the “minimalist” lifestyle trend and say goodbye to those bulky monsters in your kitchen.
CHULUX Single Serve Coffee Maker
If you’re looking for a coffee maker that won’t take up too much space or one you can bring to the office, the Chulux single serve coffee maker might be just what you’re looking for.
Not only is it much smaller than a normal single serve coffee maker, it is also compatible with any pod type, meaning you can use the pods you already own.
In comparison to other single serve coffee makers, this coffee maker is low in price.
The reviews on this popular machine are mixed, with some buyers who swear by it and others who call it a piece of junk.
It appears what you save on cost, you may lose on quality with this machine.
One thing that buyers agree on is the simplicity of the machine and how easy it is to use.
There are absolutely no frivolous features, making it truly a one-step process.
Buyers also love the small footprint of this machine, as compared to bulky Keurig machines.
If you are looking for a fancy gadget with multiple buttons and a digital clock display, this coffee maker is not for you.
This compact coffee maker has a no-nonsense design, featuring only one button: the on/off button.
The most common complaint is of this machine’s quality, which is inconsistent and varies from buyer to buyer.
In addition to its compatibility with any brand of pod, this machine also comes with:
- Removable drip tray to accommodate different sizes of mugs
- Piercing tips to ensure capsule is fully utilized
- Auto shut off after brewing so you don’t have to shut the machine off and or let it waste precious energy
- Filter basket to keep dust and debris exactly where it should be–out of your brewing basket!
This coffeemaker is perfect for the pod coffee lover that wants a decent cup of coffee with no fuss.
Keurig K Mini Plus
Maybe you’ve shied away from purchasing a Keurig in the past because of its large and clunky nature.
Thankfully with the Keurig K Mini Plus, you get the best of both worlds.
You get the quality and taste of freshly brewed K cups from a space-conscious and slender machine.
In comparison to other compact, single serve machines, the Keurig K Mini Plus is average in terms of price.
This machine has less than stellar reviews from disappointed, long-time Keurig users.
The biggest complaints of this machine are its faulty nature and the lukewarm temperature of the coffee dispensed.
Many buyers note that their machine starts acting up after only a few months of purchase, leading either to a machine that functions intermittently or not at all.
On the other hand, buyers who receive a reliable machine state that it’s the perfect addition to their office or cramped kitchen.
So small you might not even believe it’s a coffee machine, the Keurig K Mini Plus is less than 5 inches wide.
It features rounded edges and a black and silver design, giving it the signature “Keurig” look without any of the bulk.
The Keurig K Mini Plus also features:
- Pod storage inside the machine that holds up to 9 K-cups!
- Strong brew for a bolder taste
- Removable water filter that’s easy to refill and clean
- Variety of cup sizes (6 to 12 oz) for those days when you need more than one cup
This purchase is perfect for Keurig lovers that are looking to take their coffee on-the-go or people who want to downsize and replace their machine with the newest, slimmest model on the market.
But buyer beware, as we’ve learned from previous reviewers, you may end up with a faulty machine.
Brew Express BE 110
No matter how spacious an RV or yacht may be, the kitchen is almost always cramped and leaves something to be desired.
Rather than taking up previous counter space for a coffee machine, the Brew Express fits right into a cabinet space.
This compact coffee maker leaves room for other necessities in the kitchen.
This machine is on the higher end of the price scale when compared to similar products.
While this product hasn’t gained much traction yet, buyers are generally satisfied with their purchase, with the exception of a few minor complaints.
Since there’s not a huge pool of customer feedback to draw from, it’s hard to make generalizations about this coffee machine.
Buyers note the difficulty in installing the machine, but once it is is installed, there are no complaints on its durability or functionality.
The only other complaint is its small carafe size, leaving some buyers wishing it had a larger capacity.
Sleek and seamless, this coffee maker blends in perfectly with the cabinetry inside an RV or yacht without jutting out or getting in anyone’s way.
It features a traditional black and steel design and built in clock on top.
The Brew Express BE 110 includes the following features:
- Timer and clock that adds another level of practicality to the machine
- Self-filling capability so all you have to do is add the coffee grounds and choose your brew size.
- No more guessing the perfect grounds to water ratio
- Carafe lock so the carafe stays safely in place and there’s no fear of it being knocked over
- Brew pause so you can enjoy a cup while the rest of the pot is brewing
- Single serve or 4 cup brew so you can enjoy coffee any way you like it
- Soft blue accent lighting that can function as a nightlight in your kitchen
If you’re a frequent adventurer that spends more time on the road or on the sea, the Brew Express BE 110 is the perfect addition to your RV or yacht.
Zojirushi EC-DAC50 Zutto 5-Cup Drip Coffeemaker
A Japanese product that has gained popularity overseas, the Zojirushi Zutto is small but mighty.
At a height of just 11 inches, the Zutto amazingly has a 5-cup capacity, which puts it in competition with other machines twice its size.
The price of this machine puts it in the mid-range category.
This machine has proven highly reliable and is well-loved by the majority of its buyers.
For its reasonable price tag, this coffee maker functions similar to its higher end counterparts.
Buyers rave about the coffee’s rich and delicious taste and the overall quality of the machine itself.
Even though the Zutto doesn’t come with all the bells and whistles that modern coffee makers come with these days, none of its buyers are complaining.
Instead, they love it for its simplicity and reliability.
Featuring plain gray sides and little to no detailing or adornments, the Zutto is not a flashy machine by any means.
It’s rounded edges give it a traditional feel, while its hidden water tank and filter cone brings it into the modern age.
The Zutto features:
- Removable water filter for easy filling and cleaning
- Replaceable charcoal filter that purifies the water for improved flavor
- Clear measuring lines on the water tank for hot and iced coffee so you never have to guess how much water to add
- Automatic plate warmer keeps your carafe warm until you’re ready for a cup
- One button brewing so your morning becomes a little less complicated
For coffee drinkers that are searching for a no-nonsense machine that will simplify their morning routine, the Zutto may be the coffee maker they didn’t even know they needed.
Nespresso Essenza Mini
If you’re looking for a Nespresso that is compact and extremely user-friendly, you should look into the Essenza Mini.
Even more compact than the traditional Nespresso machines, you might be shocked that such a small espresso machine even exists!
This machine is on the more expensive end of space-saving coffee makers.
Similar to other Nespresso machines, the Essenza Mini racks up positive reviews.
It pleases both loyal users of Nespresso and new customers.
This machine pleases even the toughest critics, with some buyers saying that it has exceeded all of their expectations.
Positive comments include the simplicity of brewing an espresso, its great taste, and its unbelievably small counter space footprint.
Featuring slanted sides coming to a rounded peak, this machine defies all expectations of what a coffee machine looks like.
This compact machine contains only the essentials, a spout dispenser, limited button selection, and a clear water tank.
The Nespresso Essenza Mini comes in a variety of bold colors, such as lime green and red, so it is sure to stand out on your countertop.
The Nespresso Essenza Mini includes:
- Quick heat up time that is lightning fast.
- Enjoy a cup of steaming espresso in under 30 seconds.
- Energy saving mode that switches the machine off automatically after 9 minutes
- Range of sizes that can meet any of your espresso needs
- 19 bars of pressure that is similar to what is found in barista-quality espresso machines
For espresso lovers that don’t love the massive size of most espresso makers, you can have your cake and eat it too with the Nespresso Essenza.
Viante CAF-50 Grind and Brew Coffee Maker
Mornings are crazy enough.
Not many of us have the time to freshly grind our own coffee beans, transfer them to the coffee maker, and then clean everything up.
Thankfully, the Viante Grind and Brew simplifies the process by combining a grinder with a coffee machine without increasing its size or bulkiness.
Yup, you read that correctly.
You get two appliances in one that leaves a smaller footprint than a coffee maker alone.
The price tag of this machine is average, putting it smack dab in the middle of its competitors.
Receiving a mixed bag of reviews, this machine has its pros and cons.
Things that buyers love include its size and how easy it is to use.
Users state they can taste the difference in the quality and freshness of coffee in each cup.
When it is fully functioning, most users are satisfied with this machine.
However, there are also a handful of buyers that note its low quality and its tendency to break after a few months.
Enclosed inside of a rectangular box, this coffee machine may leave you scratching your head.
The only feature that is recognizable as part of a coffee machine is the carafe.
Other than that, the cap that rests on top of the machine and the buttons on the outside of the rectangle makes the contraption look a bit intimidating to traditional coffee machine users.
The Viante Grind and Brew has the following features:
- Large 4 cup capacity so you can make coffee for the whole family
- Two intensity settings so you can customize your cup
- Whole bean or ground coffee compatible so you never have to compromise
- Plate warmer that ensures your coffee is at a hot and consistent temperature while brewing and for 30 minutes after
For coffee aficionados that can’t stand the thought of not drinking freshly ground coffee, this machine offers a killer combination of compactness and practicality.
Wacaco Minipresso GR
Frequent travellers rejoice, there’s finally a way to take your favorite espresso on the go.
And no it doesn’t involve stuffing an espresso machine into your carry-on.
The Wacaco Minipresso GR is so small it fits into the palm of your hand.
It’s even manually powered so that means no electricity or cords are required.
Compared to other compact coffee makers, this gadget is low in terms of price.
This machine has proved popular with buyers and has established itself as a serious competitor against larger and more traditional espresso machines.
What buyers love most about this machine is, undoubtedly, the travel-friendly size.
There are very few products that can offer the same portability and convenience.
However, buyers are equally impressed by the ability of this machine to produce top-notch espresso, saying the taste rivals espresso from traditional espresso machines.
The only complaints that buyers have is the somewhat tedious nature of cleaning and drying the machine.
However, buyers seem to agree that this minor difficulty does not impact their overall perception and satisfaction with the product.
A pill shaped contraception, the Wacaco Minipresso GR does not look like any espresso machine you’ve ever seen.
This machine features a cylindrical shape and sleek edges, which maximizes its functionality and allows it to be tossed into any bag or side pocket.
The Wacaco Minipresso GR features:
- Hand operation so you can enjoy your coffee even without electricity
- Compatibility with any roast or bean so you can choose what suits your taste
- Detachable cup and scoop so you have everything you need at the tip of your fingers.
- You never have to worry about forgetting to bring your coffee accessories.
For espresso lovers that can’t kick their habit while they’re on the road or out adventuring, the Wacaco Minipresso was made for people like you.
If you’re short on space, this all-in-one coffee and breakfast machine could be appliance of your dreams.
A toaster, griddle, toaster oven, and coffee machine, this unit can truly do it all without occupying your entire counter.
This coffee and breakfast maker is mid-range in price.
A relatively niche product, the Nostalgia has garnered mostly positive reviews, with some scattered negative reviews.
Most of the negative reviews pertain to the overall quality of the machine.
A few users have noted that while all the elements work separately, when they are all used at once, it can cause the unit to malfunction.
On the other hand, buyers love the space-saving quality of the unit and simply cannot get over how adorable it is.
For frequent campers, they state its the perfect addition to their RVs.
A cute and brightly colored machine, the Nostalgia BSET300AQ adds a retro flair to any kitchen.
Its design is reminiscent of another time, and even its dials and lights look like what you might have found on the appliances in your grandparents’ kitchen.
This machine includes:
- Large non-stick griddle so making breakfast is a breeze and cleanup is even easier
- 4-slice toaster to provide the perfect accompaniment to your coffee
- Toaster oven so you can crisp up and reheat food.
- Don’t settle for soggy breads!
- Automatic shut off after 30 minutes to keep your kitchen and home safe
For large families with a cramped RV kitchen, this all-in-one breakfast extraordinaire has something for everyone to enjoy.